In the 1980s, fingerless gloves were all the rage. They were practical, yet stylish and allowed people to keep their hands warm while still being able to use them. Here is a quick and easy guide on how to make your own 80s gloves.
Stranger Things' Cast Reviews 80s Fads | Teen Vogue
- Find a pair of white gloves
- Using a black permanent marker, draw designs on the gloves
- Fill in the designs with brightly colored fabric paint
- Allow the paint to dry completely before wearing the gloves
How to Make Tulle Gloves
Tulle gloves are a beautiful and unique accessory that can add a touch of elegance to any outfit. Though they may seem like a daunting project, with a little patience and some careful stitching, anyone can make their own tulle gloves! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your very own tulle gloves:
1. Gather your materials. You will need: a length of tulle (several yards should do), scissors, thread, needle, and ribbon. Optional items include beads or sequins for decoration.
2. Cut the tulle into strips, about 2 inches wide each. The number of strips you need will depend on the size of your hands; aim for at least 10 strips per glove. 3. Fold each strip in half lengthwise, then stitch along the folded edge to create a tube of fabric.
Be sure to leave a small opening at one end of each tube so that you can turn it right side out later. 4. Once all of your tubes are sewn shut, begin bunching them up and stuffing them into the fingers of an old pair of Gloves . This will help you determine how full each finger should be before sewing the tulle glove shut.
5 When you’re happy with the fullness of each finger, carefully sew the openings of the tubes shut, using small stitches so that they blend in with the rest of the fabric . Trim away any excess threads . 6 Decorate your new tulle gloves however you like!
You could add beads or sequins to the tips of each finger , or keep things simple with a pretty ribbon tied around the wrist . Enjoy wearing your lovely new accessories !
How to Make Gloves Out of Socks With Fingers
Assuming you would like a blog titled “How to Make Gloves Out of Socks With Fingers”:
It’s getting cold out there! If you’re in need of gloves but don’t have any, never fear.
You can easily make your own gloves out of socks with fingers. All you need is a pair of socks and some scissors. Here’s how to do it:
1. Cut the toes off the socks. You’ll want to leave about an inch or so above the toe line. 2. Turn the socks inside out so that the seams are on the inside.
3. Sew or glue the openings shut. You now have tube-like shapes. 4. Put your hand inside each tube and mark where your fingertips end with a pen or pencil.
This will be where you cut slits for the fingers later on. 5 .Remove your hands from the tubes and cut slits for the fingers, making sure not to cut too close to the edge of each tube (this will create holes).
6 .Put your hands back into each glove and adjust finger slits as needed until they are comfortable..Enjoy your new gloves!
How to Make Gloves Out of Tights
Assuming you want a blog post about making gloves out of tights:
“How to Make Gloves Out of Tights”
Who knew that tights could be so versatile?
Not only are they great for keeping your legs warm in the winter, but you can also use them to make gloves! If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to keep your hands warm this winter, read on for a tutorial on how to make gloves out of tights. You’ll need:
– A pair of tights (preferably in a thick material) – Scissors – A needle and thread (optional)
Instructions: 1. Cut off one leg of the tights at the midpoint between the thigh and ankle. You should now have a long tube of fabric.
Repeat with the other leg. 2. Turn one tube inside out so that the seam is facing up. Place your hand inside the tube, aligning your thumb with the seam.
Mark where your fingers end with chalk or a pen, then remove your hand. 3. Using scissors, cut slits along the length of the tube at each mark you made earlier. Be careful not to cut too close to the edge or else your glove will be too small.
4. Turn the glove right side out and repeat steps 2-4 with the other tube to create a second glove. If desired, sew along each slit to reinforce them before wearing.
Sock Gloves for Hands
Sock gloves for hands are a type of glove that is made to look like a sock. They are usually made from a stretchy material such as Lycra or spandex and have a thumb hole and an elastic band at the wrist. Some styles also have a separate little finger section.
Sock gloves are typically worn by dancers, gymnasts, and other athletes who need to grip something while keeping their hands warm. There are many benefits to wearing sock gloves for hands. First, they provide warmth without bulkiness, so you can still maintain your dexterity.
They also offer excellent grip since the material clings to skin and surfaces. And, they protect your hands from calluses and blisters that can be caused by friction. If you’re looking for a versatile glove that can be used for multiple activities, sock gloves for hands are a great option.
They come in many different colors and styles so you can find the perfect pair to match your outfit or activity.
How to Make Fingerless Gloves
Assuming you would like a blog post about how to make fingerless gloves:
“How to Make Fingerless Gloves”
Most of us are familiar with traditional gloves – you know, the kind that cover your entire hand, including your fingers.
But what about those times when you need just a little bit of coverage for your hands, without sacrificing the use of your fingers? That’s where fingerless gloves come in! Fingerless gloves are a great way to keep your hands warm while still being able to use them for tasks that require dexterity, such as typing on a keyboard or using a touchscreen device.
They’re also perfect for people who need to wear gloves for work but can’t have their fingers covered (think: nurses, doctors, technicians). And they make great fashion accessories, too! If you’re interested in learning how to make your own fingerless gloves, read on for step-by-step instructions.
You’ll need just a few supplies and some basic sewing skills. Let’s get started! What You’ll Need:
– 1/4 yard of stretchy fabric (I like jersey knit or spandex) – Scissors – Needle and thread OR sewing machine
– Measuring tape or ruler Instructions: 1. Start by cutting two rectangles out of your fabric.
Each rectangle should be about 8 inches wide by 10 inches long. Fold each rectangle in half lengthwise so that it measures 4 inches wide by 10 inches long. Pin the sides together. 2. Sew along the pinned edge with a straight stitch, using either a needle and thread or a sewing machine set to straight stitch mode. Leave about 2 inches unsewn at the top so that you can turn the glove right side out later on. Repeat this step for both rectangles of fabric. 3a. If you’re using a needle and thread: Cut small slits along the bottom curved edge of each glove (this is where your fingers will go). Be careful not to cut through any of the stitches! Then carefully turn each glove right side out through one of the slits. Use a chopstick or other pointy object to help push out the corners so they’re nice and sharp. Press flat with an iron if desired.
How Do You Make Vintage Lace Gloves?
There are a few different ways that you can make vintage lace gloves, depending on the materials and tools that you have available. One way is to use an old pair of gloves as a template, tracing around them onto a piece of lace fabric. You will then need to cut out the pieces of lace, sew them together, and turn them right side out.
Another way is to knit or crochet a pair of gloves using lace yarn. This will require more patience and skill, but the results can be very beautiful. If you want to make vintage lace gloves that are closer to the originals, you will need to find some old patterns or instructions.
These can be difficult to track down, but they are worth it if you are dedicated to making an authentic pair of gloves. Once you have your pattern or instructions, gather your supplies and get ready for some serious needlework! Making vintage lace gloves is definitely a labor of love, but it can be so rewarding to wear something that you made yourself with such care.
How Do You Make Fingerless Gloves at Home?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make fingerless gloves at home:
You will need:
-a pair of scissors
-a needle and thread or a sewing machine -fabric (preferably an old sweater or something stretchy) -a pencil or chalk
1. Start by cutting the sleeves off of an old sweater or finding some stretchy fabric. You’ll want to cut them about 5 inches below the armpit. If you are using an old sweater, cut off the bottom hem as well.
2. Next, fold your fabric in half lengthwise and then in half again so that it forms a long rectangle. Using a pencil or chalk, mark where you will need to sew the sides together. Leave about 3 inches at the top for your thumb hole and then sew the sides together.
3. Once the sides are sewn together, try on your glove to make sure it fits comfortably around your hand. Then, mark where you will need to cut slits for your fingers. Make sure not to make them too big or too small!
Cut four slits evenly spaced apart and then turn your glove inside out so that the seams are on the inside. 4. Sew along each slit to reinforce them and prevent fraying. And that’s it!
How Do You Make Fingerless Lace Gloves?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make fingerless lace gloves:
What You’ll Need:
-1/2 yard of stretchy lace fabric (you can find this at most fabric stores)
-Thread that matches your lace -A needle -Scissors
-A tape measure or ruler -Chalk or a pen Instructions:
1. Cut two rectangles out of your lace fabric. Each rectangle should be about 8 inches wide and 12 inches long. 2. Fold each rectangle in half, wrong sides together, and sew along the long side with a 1/4 inch seam allowance, leaving the ends open.
You’ve now created two long tubes. 3. Turn each tube right side out and press flat with an iron. Sew a small seam at each end of both tubes to keep them from unraveling.
4. Measure 4 inches down from one end of each tube, and mark with chalk or a pen. This is where you will start creating the thumb hole for your glove. Starting at the mark, cut a curved line towards the center of the tube until you reach about 2 inches from the other side (see photo).
Then cut another curved line back towards the first side until you reach the original mark again (again, see photo). You should now have an oval shape cut out of each tube – this will be your thumb hole! 5 . Try on one glove to make sure the thumb hole is big enough for your thumb to fit through easily – if it’s too small, just enlarge it a bit with your scissors until it fits well. 6 . Once you’re happy with the size of your thumb holes, put both gloves aside for now – we’ll come back to them later!
How Do You Make a Cool Glove?
Assuming you would like a tutorial on how to make a glove:
You will need:
-a needle and thread (or a sewing machine)
-fabric of your choice (leather, spandex, cotton, etc.) -scissors -a pencil or pen
-optional: fabric glue, puffy paint, other decorations. 1) First, trace your hand onto the fabric with a pencil or pen. Make sure to leave about ½ an inch of excess fabric all around the tracing.
Cut out the traced shape. 2) If you are using leather or another non-stretchy fabric, cut out a second piece that is identical to the first. If you are using spandex or another stretchy material, you only need one piece.
3) Sew the two pieces together along the edges with a needle and thread (or use a sewing machine). Be sure to leave an opening at the wrist so that you can turn the glove inside out later. 4) Turn the glove right side out through the opening at the wrist.
5) Optional step: decorate your glove with fabric glue, puffy paint, sequins, etc. 6) Close up the opening at the wrist with either more stitching or by using fabric glue. And there you have it! A cool new gloves to keep your hands warm this winter – or to accessorize any outfit year round!
In the 1980s, fingerless gloves were all the rage. Today, you can find them in any number of styles and colors. If you’re feeling nostalgic for the 80s, or if you just want to add a unique touch to your outfit, fingerless gloves are the way to go.
Here’s how to make your own pair of 80s-style fingerless gloves. First, gather your materials. You’ll need a pair of socks, scissors, and a needle and thread.
Then, cut the toes off of the socks about an inch from the tip. Next, turn the socks inside out and sew the raw edges together. Now it’s time to put on your new gloves!
Put each glove on by stretching it over your hand. The fingers will be open so you can still use your phone or do other tasks while wearing them. enjoy your new 80s style gloves!